The advancement of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) treatment technology is now toward the “minimal invasive procedure”. The Water Vapor therapy is a day-care procedure which taken less than 10 minutes. In this topic will basically focused on the post-procedure for patient instructions.
양성 전립선 질환이란 무엇입니까? 혹시 없애주실 수 있나요?
Right after the Water Vapor therapy
- You will be awaked by the anesthesiologist after the moderate sedation.
- You will be retained urethral catheter for 1 – 2 weeks based on the prostate’s size, if bigger needed longer period of the catheterization upholds.
- After the observation in recovery room for about 1 – 2 hours, doctors will make decision whether you are safe and can be discharged or not. If you aren’t safe, hospitalized is needed.
Within 7 days after Water Vapor therapy
- You must take all medications prescribed.
- Take as needed for pain killers prescribed.
During catheterization time
- You have to carry urine bag with all the time and empty it when it’s full.
- We have 2 types of urine bag.
- 2 L urine bag which big enough to keep urine overnight.
- 500 mL urine leg bag which design for active daily life.
- You can learn from the nurse how to change the urine bag.
The day of removing urethral catheter.
- You will be appointed to remove the catheter.
- Once removal is done, you have to spend 6 hours for the observation of voiding
- If you are able to void at least one time then you will be allowed to go home.
- If you cannot void after 6 hours of the observation then doctor will re-evaluate for what to do next.
Within 30 days after Water Vapor therapy
- We still recommend you to keep taking an oral prostate medication to make the transitional period smoother.
- In term of Water Vapor therapy itself, you will be felt somewhat improvement at the 2 weeks after the procedure and the best outcome at the 3 months after the procedure.
Possible adverse effects that you may encounter within 3 months after Water Vapor therapy and should be resolved spontaneously within 3 weeks.
- Bloody urination 14%
- Painful urination 21%
- Bloody semen 10%
- Urinary tract infection 7%
- Urinary retention 12%
- Urinary urgency 10%
- Urinary frequency 10%
- Pelvic pain 3%
Despite very tiny adverse effects from Water Vapor therapy, but it is better to be prevented of any possibly events that it can trouble you after. If you have questions, please talk to your trusted urologist, or it would be my pleasure if would you text me. Take care!
내 공식 홈페이지를 방문할 수 있습니다 여기.