Erectile dysfunction issue is classified as one among the top-ranking topics in my Urology office. While this embarrassing problem severely upset for one whom experienced in this condition, as they always try their best to revive this vital organ from the illness. The most common and easiest recommendation from the physicians are just simple sentence “Please do exercise regularly”. Lots of questions got into patients’ minds that the physicians sometimes inabilities to clarify all answers due to the limited time. This topic will disclose with the evidence-based on medicine.
Erectile dysfunction preventive strategy Q&A
Question : Who will get benefits from the exercise?
Answer : Everyone will, except the one who had a history of invasively treated ischemic heart disease.
- Because a severe ischemic heart disease patient must use drugs regimens that can worsen the erectile dysfunction.
- Exertion tolerance problem which cannot be reached the optimum intensity
Question : What kind of exercise is been recommended?
- Aerobic exercise – Running, fast walking, jogging, cycling, swimming
Question : Can weight-resistant training also improve erectile dysfunction?
Answer : Weight-resistant training cannot improve erectile dysfunction as mono-modality. It must be combined with aerobic modality which have mentioned above
Question : How about pelvic floor muscle exercise?
Answer : The literatures were firmly said that “NO” any erectile dysfunction improvement from pelvic floor exercise.
Question : How many minutes per exercise session should be?
Answer : The optimal session should be
- 40 minutes per session, 4 times a week (160 minutes weekly)
- ***If you can increase exercise sessions to 200 – 300 minutes weekly, it will improve greater than 160 minutes weekly.
Question : How long should I expect erectile dysfunction improvement from the optimal exercise?
Answer : 6 months after regular optimal exercise session
- Since the shortest training period which show significant ED improvement was 2 months, then you can prospect to notice something change within 2 months.
Question : Do I need to continue any ED specific treatment while doing exercise?
Answer : The papers showed that when the combination with ED specific treatment, you can prospect the outcome more than exercise sessions alone.
- Regular moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise
- 40 minutes per session
- 4 times per week
- At least 6 months long
I hope my article can get help you to clarify your doubt in mind, what does the doctors mean? A “Regular exercise”? Any questions, you can talk to your trusted andrologist or it would be my pleasure if you text me. See you in the next article!
You can visit my official website here.