Vasectomy is a permanent male contraceptive day-care operation which consumed duration times around 1 hour. It was more than just intraoperative technique; postoperative management is also an important method to make successful outcome in contraceptive aspect. This topic will show you how to take care yourself during postoperative period.
- Samitivej Sriracha hospital contact number 088-022-1445
- Burapha University hospital contact number 084-621-2969
- Royal Phnom Penh hospital contact number 012-991-000
Vasectomy Postoperative instructions
- Within one week after operation
- Sedentary life is recommended
- Due to risk of slided ligated material, so avoid heavy exercise such as Jogging, Bicycling or Marathon
- Avoid sexual activity
- One week after the operation
- Heavy exercise is allowed
- Sexual activity is allowed BUT other method of contraceptive must be used
Method confirming success Vasectomy procedure
- Patient will be appointed for pathological reporting which will guarantee that we correctly secure both Vas deferens.
Another concern, Vasectomy is the only method of Vas Deferens ligation, so the residual spermatozoa which lie next to the cutting site still possibly make fertilization. Semen analysis test is the investigation of choice which we will be done once you meet 1 out of 2 conditions as following.
- 3 months after operation
- 20 times of any ejaculation methods
Once the semen analysis has confirmed zero spermatozoa, then you are free to go to your sexual activities behavioral. Enjoy!
Any questions, you can discuss with your trusted urologist or it would be my pleasure if you text me.