Urinary bladder is an organ that has a major role on the emptying urine out of the body. But the process of aging or any kind of risk factors that elevated the degenerative of bladder developed faster, as result the normal function of the squeezing will remains incomplete and perhaps it could leads to the condition called residual-urine volume – or we can call it the retaining of the urines in the bladder. The urines that retained in the bladder for long time will caused grotty and additionally, it becomes the place that most bacteria will take as their shelter to live and hide. Patients who suffered from this condition they’ll always paid me a visit along with their urinary tract infection and complained about the insufficient antibiotic treatment even medicine prescribed the right one for them. The questions that we need to concern; is there any solution that can rejuvenate the bladder contractility? The question is really hard to answer but we just know that the best solution that can help the “Underactive” bladder emptying urine is “Clean Intermittent Catheterization” or CIC.
First of all, we must clarify and make the understanding about urethral intermittent catheterization technique. This technique was always performing in sterilization technique with a medical professional setting. The sterile urethral catheterization required well-trained and it cost very highly for medical supplies, because all items are disposable (one-time using). Unlucky, this kind of degenerative bladder issue needs to do intermittent catheterization at least once daily so that’s why CIC was required “Cleanness” but we don’t need some kind of sterilization levels, so that, it take much more easier for general people to perform this procedure by their own freely. Otherwise, it cost us more cheaper in term of medical expenses. One more thing that we’re worried about is the infection while performing the procedure, but after reviews the latest literature it made us so breathable, it means the infection has been rated very tiny if we compared between “Sterilization” and “Cleanness” technique.
The instruction for the Clean Intermittent Catheterization (CIC)
- Urinate as a regular habit for one time.
- Wash your hands with liquid soap and water.
- Wash your genital area with over-the-counter antiseptic soap.
- Remove the catheter from its container carefully, and keep it clean.
- Required a water-based KY jelly, and apply it at the tip of catheter as much as you need.
- Lie yourself on the toilet and prepare container for draining urines.
- Gently pass the lubricated catheter into the urethra.
- Slowly pass catheter until urine void (meaning the tip of the catheter is in the bladder).
- Pass the catheter a little bit more so the tip of the catheter will perfectly at the point inside the bladder.
- Hold the catheter and let urine void until done.
- Slowly remove the catheter and put it back to the container that has an antiseptic solutions
- Wash your genital area again.
- The antiseptic solution in the CIC container must daily changes to make the catheter clean as much as possible.
- The CIC sets has lifetime for 3 weeks and it needs to change, or it can rising the risk of infection. And expired CIC rubber will harm the urethra
Stay safe for the CIC procedure!
Penis is the male sex organ which lies in private area of gentlemen. In my opinion, this organ is very prioritized and valued equivalent to a couple parts like heart and brain in our physical body. If there’s something abnormal or unpleasant happening to our penis, it will cause sense or irritation and upset toContinue reading “Balanoposthitis: Common penile skin infection”
As I’ve mentioned earlier about the complication of the improper acute prostate infection’s treatment which is highly skyrocket to 10% of chances that can be twisted into a chronic issue which in medical term we called it as a “Chronic prostatitis”. In this topic we’ll extremely focus only on a chronic inflammation of the prostateContinue reading “Am I suffering a chronic prostate infection?”
Another common infection-relatively at the genitalia for Gentleman, that is so called- infected testicle which made patients come to see me along with the painful and swelling at his balls. As we knew that a simple men has 2 testes in his scrotal sac, but it is very uncommonly to be infected both of themContinue reading “Am I suffering from the testicular infection?”