Several patients that I have met at my office, they are more likely loved to discuss about the dietary against the prostate cancer. Well, I just make an 2020 updated in order to response something that you have wonder in mind.
Diets which have confirmed on protective effects
- Tomato – A tremendous study recently has shown that; Lycopene which is rich in tomato significantly capable to reduce a prostate cancer risk rate. Furthermore, the effective dose-related is 2 mg that will help to increase Lycopene if can consume it regularly. Literally, it could decrease 1% of prostate cancer rate down there. But why Lycopene so works? – There is a theory explained that Lycopene doing the reduction of the genes expression involved with testosterone metabolism. Absolutely, testosterone hormone plays a major role in prostate cancer’s natural history.
- Green tea – There’s been a confirmation studies said that Catechin which is rich in green tea has an inhibitory effects on a prostate cancer progression. A tremendous study from Japanese who were number one in green tea drinker primarily said that, drinking 5 or more cups of green tea for your daily routine, will actually can be reduced the prostate cancer risk rate either way. Question is, do we believe that we just can take so much green tea regularly like that?
Diets which probably have protective effects
- Fish, vegetable oil – The unsaturated fatty acid might help reducing the prostate cancer rate. Although, we have only a confirmed data that the High-Fat Diet can leads to several kind of cancers which prostate cancer is one among those. The studies in mice has shown that High-Fat diets are significantly increasing the prostate cancer size. Anyway, we have no clear data on specifically unsaturated fatty acid diets against prostate cancer.
- Legumes (Soy milk) – Isoflavones which is abundant in Legumes and it plays very protective effects role on the prostate cancer prevention. Isoflavones chemical structural is similar to Estrogen hormone, therefore, it can bind with estrogen receptor in prostatic tissue and might inhibit prostate cancer cell growth.
Diet which still controversial on a protective effect
- Prudent pattern diets – Prudent pattern diets is roughly defined as rich in vegetable, fruits, fishes and legume diet. I believe that most doctors normally often advise patients to taking care a health and more likely to advise them to do modification on the food regiment, Prudent diet is in this kind of thing. By the way what is the exact meaning? It still no clear definition of Prudent pattern diets which is so vary among nationality – For example, prudent pattern diets in Japanese is totally different when we compare with European. The only data that we have now, a high red meat consumption, lots of processed meat intake, potatoes and high-fat dairy products are significantly increasing a prostate cancer risk.
Good luck and stay safe from prostate cancer!
As I always told you in the beginning related to the prostate cancer, thing that I have mentioned to is, this disease more likely limited in aggressiveness. The patient’s pathogenesis will begin with a rising Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test from the medical health checkup program that handled to Urology clinic to discuss about theContinue reading “MRI in prostate cancer detection: Do you get any benefits from it?”
Prostate cancer has been reported as the most common diagnosed in male malignancy worldwide, with more than 1 million newly diagnosed and also 400,000 deaths annually. Luckily that a majority of this cancer was a slowly growing type with limited aggressiveness. Prostate-specific antigen (PSA), still the physician’s primary weapon in screening prostate cancer due toContinue reading “Prostate cancer risk’s reduction by frequent ejaculation”
Because of the medical checkup has been promoted publicity and currently people they very significantly concern their health so much, consequently, health promotion center in the big hospital will in trend for now. Tons of patients coming for their medical health checkup regularly, ultrasonography of the abdomen is one of the modalities which included inContinue reading “Kidney cysts finding from medical checkup: Do we need to take it seriously?”